329 Park Avenue North
PO Box 880
Winter Park, Florida
Direct Phone: 407.246.8808
C. Andrew Roy is an associate with Winderweedle, Haines, Ward and Woodman’s litigation and corporate departments. Andrew practices primarily bankruptcy, creditor’s rights, state and federal appeals, and corporate transactions and restructuring. In addition to those practice areas, he also handles matters in insurance and securities litigation.
Andrew attended the University of Florida Levin College of Law where he served as President of the Florida Moot Court Team and the Corporate Securities Litigation Group. He competed in several appellate competitions and was awarded honors such best oralist in the Tang Moot Court Competition, Miami Region and best brief in the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Boston Region. He graduated cum laude from the Levin College of Law and was inducted into the University of Florida’s chapters of the Order of the Coif and the Order of the Barristers.
Andrew was born in Orlando and grew up in Lake Mary where he attended Lake Mary High School. He received a Bachelor of Music in French Horn and a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry/Biochemistry from the University of Florida. After graduating, he also received a Master of Science in Management from the University of Florida and was elected to the Society of Beta Gamma Sigma.
As a hobby, Andrew performs the French Horn with the Brevard Symphony Orchestra in Melbourne, Florida.
After clerking with Winderweedle for two summers in 2009 and 2010, he joined the firm in 2011.
• University of Florida, Levin College of Law (J.D. cum laude, 2011)
• University of Florida, Warrington College of Business (M.S., 2008)
• University of Florida, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences & College of Fine Arts (B.S. & B.M., cum laude 2011)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
• Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association
o President, 2015
o Vice President 2014
o Secretary 2013
o Annual Case Law Update Co-Presenter, 2012-15
• Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Executive Council and Vice Chair Social Media
• Bankruptcy Case Law Update and View From the Bench, Co-Editor
• Orange County Bar Association and Young Lawyer Section
o Chair, Great Oaks Village
o Co-Chair, Relay for Life
o Law Week Co-Chair, 2015-16
o Law Week Mock Trial Co-Chair, 2013-15
o Multiple Committees
• Florida Blue Key, Tapped 2010
• Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2014-2015
• Bankruptcy Law Educational Series Foundation (Non-Profit)
o Executive Director, 2014-Present
• Middle District of Florida Bankruptcy Pro Se Assistance Clinic, Co-Organizer and Volunteer
• Great Oaks Village Group Foster Home
o Chair of Annual Young Lawyer Field Day 2014-Present
• The Florida Bar, 2011
• Middle District of Florida (and Bankruptcy Court)
• Southern District of Florida (and Bankruptcy Court)
• Northern District of Florida (and Bankruptcy Court)
• United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit