329 Park Avenue North
PO Box 880
Winter Park, Florida
Direct Phone: 407.246.8666
J. P. “Rusty” Carolan, III is a shareholder with Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman, P.A. Rusty practices mainly in the areas of Business Law, Banking and Finance, Creditors Rights, Real Estate and Commercial Transactions.
Education and Awards
Rusty graduated from Duke University and obtained his J.D. with Honors in 1974 from the University of Florida where he received the Order of the Coif, was selected as Executive Editor of the University of Florida Law Review, had two of his student works selected for publication in the University of Florida Law Review, and received book awards in property, contracts, and creditors rights. Prior to joining the firm, Rusty served as a law clerk for the U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida.
Rusty has served on the Board of Trustees of the University of Florida Law Center Association, Chairman of the Community Foundation of Central Florida, and as a Director of Barnett Bank of Central Florida, N.A. and on advisory boards for NationsBank, AmSouth Bank and Regions Bank, as well as other private companies. He is currently on the Professional Affairs Committee for Florida Hospital.
• Orange County Bar Association
• Florida Bar
• United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
Selected for inclusion in:
• Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Banking and Finance Law, Business Organization (including LLCs and Partnerships), and Corporate Law
• Orlando Magazine Best Lawyers
• Super Lawyers
• Top Lawyer
• Orlando Best Lawyer Corporate Law Lawyer of the year 2012
• Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Lawyer in Banking and Finance
• “AV” Rated by Martindale-Hubbell